- William C. Wake,
Refactoring Workbook. Addison-Wesley, 2003.
- William C. Wake. Extreme Programming Explored. Addison-Wesley,
- "A Java Example" (Test-first design of user interfaces), chapter in
Extreme Programming Installed by Ron Jeffries et al. Addison-Wesley, 2000.
- Stephen C. Drye and William C. Wake.
Java Foundation Classes: Swing
Reference. Manning Publications, 1999.
- "Improving Responsiveness in Interactive
Applications via Queues," by William C. Wake, B. Douglas Wake, and Edward
A. Fox. Chapter in Pattern Languages of Program Design 2 (John
Vlissides, James O. Coplien, and Norman Kerth, editors), Addison-Wesley, May
1996. (Pre-publication final draft.)
- "SortTables: A Browser for a Digital Library,"
William C. Wake and Edward A. Fox. CIKM '95. November, 1995.
- "Account Number: A Pattern," by William C.
Wake. Chapter in Pattern Languages of Program Design, James O. Coplien
and Douglas C. Schmidt, editors, Addison-Wesley, 1995. Based on presentation
at the PLoP conference, August, 1994. (Pre-publication final draft.) [pdf]