|Applying Domain-Driven Design and Patterns: With Examples in C# and .NET, by Jimmy Nilsson. Addison-Wesley, 2006.
Stir together Eric Evans' Domain-Driven Design with Martin Fowler's Patterns of Enterprise Application Architecture, mix in C# code, and you've got the flavor of this book.
It's not as classic as its antecedents. But it does provide useful examples, relating it from the perspective of someone familiar with database issues, but who now comes at things from the domain-driven perspective.
Some of the tools used have changed, but the basics still hold.
- Review: In Pursuit of the Unknown (Ian Stewart)
- Intensifying Stories: Running with the Winners
- Review: Accelerando, by Charles Stross
- Valuable Stories in the INVEST Model
- Article: When Software Smells Bad
- Review: Structured Programming (Dahl, Dijkstra, and Hoare)
- Negotiable Stories in the INVEST Model
Tagsagile analysis atdd author biography business charts classic coach computers conference cool customer design fiction games HCI history improv integration interesting intro Java job aids language lean learning metaphor music myth patterns planning programmer refactoring reviews scrum software spreadsheet stories systems thinking tdd team tester training XPlorations